To be fair, there is no bad time to visit Iceland. But at the moment, the skies above Iceland are literally dancing with colour and pizzazz. So much so that cities and towns all over Iceland are switching off their street lights so that everyone can admire this amazing display of nature without light pollution. The lights in Selfoss (where I live) are already switched off! So, I’m heading out to enjoy the lights with everyone else. Meanwhile, enjoy the photos below. They were taken over Hella (southern Iceland) by talented photographer Sólveig Stolzenwald who very kindly gave me permission to publish her photos on the blog. To see more of Sólveig’s work visit her Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/stolzenwald.
- Reykjavík Lights to be Turned off for Aurora (icelandreview.com)
- Icelandic Northern Lights Research Station to Open (icelandreview.com)
- Solar flares in Iceland (dazeddigital.com)
- Group performs Icelandic hymn in German train station (telegraph.co.uk)
- Iceland like you’ve never seen it before (Time-lapse video) (curationgalore.wordpress.com)